Sunday, November 8, 2009

October 30, 2009

Ok, so Karen doesn't let the idea go (no surprise!)...A text comes in early the next morning while I'm still sipping my coffee at work. She tells me that she's done some research already and found that the Eco Challenge doesn't exist anymore. But there are tons of other races that exist in the "adventure racing" category...the mayhem begins......
We text back and forth about some of the things we are finding on line. Really exciting stuff to me. Something is stirred up inside me - I want to do this. I have to do this.

Let's be realistic though with location - We are in NH. We want one that is somewhat local - not in say, Nepal (at least not quite yet). Karen finds one in Vermont called "The Frigid Infliction". It is held on March 6th in the dead of Vermont winter. It is a 10 hour race, in teams of 2 or 3, encompassing several "disciplines" - orienteering, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, Tyrolean traversing, sledding, post holing.

There is a fire in my belly that tells me this is exactly the type of challenge I have been looking for.

I contact Laura Joyce, another friend of mine who is an avid runner and tell her about it. She is intrigued. I tell her "I am in. Are you?" With minimal hesitation, she's in as well.

I text Karen and let her know "No pressure, but we are registering for this tomorrow morning. I need to know if we registering as a team of 2 or 3."

No comments:

Post a Comment